Earning your SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP credential makes you a recognized expert and leader in the HR field—and a valuable asset to your organization, keeping you and your organization more competitive in today’s economy. This professional distinction sets you apart from your colleagues, proving your high level of knowledge and skills.
Increase your chances of passing your exam by attending our upcoming certification prep course. An expert, SHRM-certified instructor will be on hand to answer your questions, guide you through interactive discussions, review sample test questions and provide exclusive test-taking tips.
"I loved the instructor-led SHRM Learning System course. Rather than just teaching facts and figures, the course has improved my critical thinking skills as an HR professional."
Registration also includes the online and print versions of the 2021 SHRM Learning System—the official cert prep tool, now updated with retired exam questions. Designed specifically for adult learners, this interactive system combines in-depth HR knowledge with real-life situations to help you master the material and set you up for success on your exam.
1.How do I Know whether I am ELIGIBILE to appear for the SHRM Certification Exam (i.e. SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP)?
You can determine your eligibility for SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP Certification exam from the below table:
2. Do I have to first pass SHRM-CP before I can appear for SHRM-SCP Certification exam?
It is not mandatory to pass SHRM-CP exam before appearing for SHRM-SCP exam. If you meet the eligibility criteria (Ref: Question # 1) of SHRM-SCP, you can directly appear for SHRM-SCP Certification Exam.
3. What is the difference between SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP?
The SHRM-CP credential is designed for HR professionals who are engaged primarily in operational roles—implementing policies, serving as the HR point of contact for staff and stakeholders, and/or performing day-to-day HR functions. If this is your focus, the SHRM-CP is likely your best option. The SHRM-SCP certification is designed for HR professionals at a senior level who operate primarily in a strategic role—developing policies and strategies, overseeing the execution of HR operations, analyzing performance metrics, and/or contributing to the alignment of HR strategies to organizational goals.
4. Can I appear the SHRM Certification Exam anytime I want?
You can chose to appear for your SHRM Certification Exam on a suitable date within two Exam Windows in a year:
• Winter Window:December 1 – February 15
• Spring Window: May 1 – July 15
5. What is the format and duration of the SHRM Certification Exam?
First of all, both SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP Certification exams follow the same format of exam. Following are the main features of the Exam:
• Exam Media: Online computer based test (CBT)
• Question Type: There will be 160 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ). Each question will have four choices (or answer options). There is only one correct answer in each question. There is no “negative” marking for wrong answer
• Exam Duration: Total exam duration is 4 hours or 240 minutes. However, this 4 hours is divided in to two half of 2 hours each. You will have to answer 80 questions in each half of 2 hours. After you submit your answers of the first 80 questions in the first half, you will immediately start the second half to answer the next 80 questions within next 2 hours. After completing the second half, you will submit your answers. No break are scheduled during the exam. Candidates who have to leave the testing room to take a break will not be given extra time on the exam. Candidates may not leave the testing facility during a break.
6. What is the passing score for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP exam?
The passing score and all candidate results on the SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP are reported as scaled scores. The range of possible scores for the SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP exams is 120 to 200; all candidates who pass the exam receive the maximum score of 200. The number of questions that have to be answered correctly varies depending on which form of the CP or SCP examination a candidate takes. The passing score is equal to a scale score of 200.
7. How soon do you know if you passed or not?
Candidates will get a preliminary result immediately after the test. Official scores will come about 3-4 weeks after the close of the testing window.
8. Can I earn recertification credits taking this course?
If you have already earned the SHRM Certification you can obtain up to 36 professional development credits (if you are attending this program for professional development only).
Your Preparation for SHRM Certification Exam
1. When are the online preparatory classes scheduled?
There are 2 online classes scheduled per week during the course. Both the classes are conducted through ZOOM or any either suitable online conferencing platform. Each class has a duration of 3 hours and scheduled in the evening. Out of the two, one class will be scheduled on Saturday evening and the other is scheduled on Wednesday evening. The recording of each class shall be accessible to the students through ZOOM’s cloud platform for 7 days immediately after the class.
2. After I complete the preparatory course, when do I appear for the exam?
Two such courses are conducted in a year. Each course is designed targeting a specific SHRM Exam window. The course is scheduled in a way that it ends at least two months before the exam window opens. This allows the students enough time to take individual preparation for the SHRM certification exam. To take advantage of the learning momentum, we recommend our students to take the exam in the first available window after the course. However, students have the freedom to schedule their individual preparation followed by the exam as it suits them best.
3. When you purchase the SHRM Learning System, is there a time limit to take exam?
You have access to the online learning System for 18 months, which covers three test windows. The time for activation of the access to the online Learning System is your decision. As per your instruction, we will activate your access to the learning system.
4. Are the practice questions like the actual exam questions?
TThe SHRM Learning System and the Certification Exams include both Knowledge and Situational Judgment questions. The formatting is similar, however they are developed by two separate entities so will not be exactly the same.
But, the practice exam is comprised of items that have previously been used on actual SHRM certification exams and is scored in the same manner as those exams.
5. Can the SHRM Learning System be shared?
No, the SHRM Learning System is licensed to an individual user and cannot be transferred or shared.
Will certification add to my credibility?